Truth Coffee shop, Steampunk themed coffee shop, Cape Town, South Africa.
Honey badgers escape from their enclosure using anything from mud balls to rakes.
Finally finished the set of three tarot cards I was doing for the Raven Cycle. A strangely satisfying project.
*gentle keening sounds*
(I would have liked to crop some of these gifs (like the accent ones) to make them more accurate but alas, I lack the skills.)
It’s that time again! Here’s the scoop: • follow us➡ omniastudios. Must be a follower to be eligible. • REBLOG this post, do not delete original text. • NO giveaway only blogs and only reblog ONCE PER DAY. • Winner receives one sterling silver Celestial Lunar Oracle ring in their size, valued at $270 USD. • Giveaway ends October 13th, 2014. Winner will be chosen at random using random.org and announced on October 14th. • Must be 18 years old or have parent/guardian permission to enter. • This giveaway is not affiliated with or sponsored by Tumblr.
Good luck, lovelies! <3
OMIGOSH O.O that is /exquisite/
Woo @lovestory-ghoststory tagged me (baby’s first tag *sniffle*) and it’s Autumnal/Halloweenie so I’m in!
1. What is the weather like where you live?
WINTER. /STILL/. /FUCKING/. /WINTER. Not winter?Maybe? HOTTER THAN THE FACE OF THE SUN FOR 1-3 WEEKS. Nearly Winter. WINTER
2. What is your favourite autumn sweet?
Individually-wrapped caramels, which often leads to baking caramel apple upside-down cake.
3. What is your October scent?
Time to break out the serious scents: Angel Liqueur, D&G for Women, Paloma, 1 Million Intense, CK Dark Obsession.
4. Scary or cute decorations?
Creepy-cute, heavy on the skulls and bats.
5. What is your favourite autumn hairstyle?
My pouf knows no seasonal limitations. Colour could be anything from midnight blue to pink to yellow.
6. What is your favourite Halloween movie?
7. Recall one good Autumn memory.
I officially immigrated on Halloween!
8. What is your favourite Autumn snack?
All my favourites disappear ‘til Summer because “no one” eats ice cream bars in Winter; “no one” eats jalapeno Cheetos in Winter; “no one” eats weirdly flavoured Lays in Winter etc.
9. Have you ever been apple picking?
10. What is your favourite Autumn activity?
Seeing how many days it takes for the leaves to turn from green to gone (they literally turn overnight).
11. Would you rather bob for apples or walk a corn maze?
Bobbing. I’m good at it… for some reason… :( )
12. Scarecrow or black cats?
13. Do you prefer candles or incense?
Incense; candles give me a headache.
14. Are you going to any Autumn/harvest festivals this year?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nothing grows here
15. Have you ever been to a pumpkin patch?
I grew a pumpkin once - does that count?
16. What is your go-to Autumn drink?
My addictions are pretty consistent year-round.
17. Do you like Haunted Houses?
I’ve never been to one because I’m afraid I’d hurt somebody out of reflex. I grew up in a constant state of fear; I see no reason to pursue it as “fun” now *shrug*
18. What are you going to be for Halloween?
19. In the fall, I’m not leaving the house without…
Ugh these questions are for people with /liiiiiiiives/.
20. Do you believe in ghosts?
21. Do you prefer kettle corn or caramel corn?
Ambivalent, though I’ll eat either.
22. What is your go-to autumn outfit look?
TIGHTS!!! ALL HAIL TIGHT SEASON!!! And scarves.
23. Do you decorate your room for Halloween?
Every day is Halloween when you have light-up bats in the window and an entire corner of the room dedicated to dead things soooo, no?
24. What is your favourite Autumn accessory?
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD WORD ABOUT TIGHTS??!?
25. Post your favourite pumpkin carving.
26. What is your favourite Autumn nail polish color, or if you don’t wear nail polish, what is your favourite Autumn shade?
This year I found the perfect sorceress shade: black, filled with an emerald fleck that is matte, but takes on enormous depth once you top coat it. It’s ~*magical*~ (and limited edition and already gooping up D:)
27. Do you believe in magic?
28. If you could cast one spell what would it be?
Bob, I’m going to have to go with “a metric fuckton of money with no unfortunate consequences or side effects”.
29. What is your favourite Halloween candy?
1 Cadbury “Scream” egg a year. I can’t help myself.
30. What have you crossed off of your Autumn bucket list, so far?
I WORE TIGHTS ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31. Trick or Treat?
victim intended target recipient?
yo but mermaid monster hybrids though
- vampire mermaids who prey on their own kind — when they get bitten, their scales fall off, their tails turn a slick and fleshy grey, a dorsal fin begins to sprout from their spine, and suddenly there’s six rows of teeth where once there was only one
- mermaid medusas who’ve got eels for hair and it’s not their gaze that can turn you to stone but their song
- fairy mermaids who’re born of spite and mischief — they’re small, the size of seahorses, and they speed through the currents causing mayhem and sometimes destruction
- were-mermaids who turn into huge, hulking great whites when the full moon filters through the deep waters, who cannot be restrained because what shackles can you find in the deep?, who leave blood and guts in their wake
Let’s go deeper
- Mermaid dryads tied to a whole kept forest, fins and hair perfectly camouflaged with their natural habitat. They drift serenely through their gardens until it is threatened, when the whole kelp forest turns on the attacker and drags it down to its death.
- Elementally aligned mermaids - air-aligned mermaids leap joyously from the water and glide on tough fins, punching through the surface of the water like tiny spears of silver-blue. Fire-aligned mermaids drawn to deep volcanic vents, blind and sickly-white with teeth that fit together like a sieve.
- Kraken mermaids.
tfw you ask NCH to help you sleep and he draws a sigil on your spine and two days later you discover it looks //very much// like a svefnþorn / sleep thorn